My Most Anticipated Games from E3 2012 (Part 4 - Microsoft Exclusives)




The fourth and final part of 'My Most Anticipated Games from E3 2012' will discuss what releases most interest myself about the Microsoft E3 2012 conferences.  This part will be considerably shorter than my first   three parts of 'My Most Anticipated Games from E3 2012,' as there are not many Microsoft exclusive titles that excite myself.

There are a number of games that will be released on the Xbox 360 shown at E3 2012, that I am looking forward to, but the majority of those titles are multi-platform and I have detailed them in part one of 'My Most Anticipated Games From 2012.'

I was a little disappointed with Microsoft's E3 conference as, for me they concentrated too much on Kinect and entertainment integration and not enough on actual AAA games.  I am by no means against the concept of Kinect, but at this point in time nothing Kinect related actually interests me.

Xbox 360



Halo 4

I am not the biggest Halo fan nor do I pretend to be an expert on the lore of the franchise, but I would be lying if I said the Halo 4 E3 2012 demo did not get me excited in anticipation for its release.

As I have heard others say, the game-play of Halo 4 does have elements that seem to be influenced by the Metroid Prime series of games (a franchise that I thoroughly enjoyed playing) and Master Chef, it appears has stolen Samus Aran's visor helmet.

Having not played the previous Halo titles to completion, I may have to pick them up before the release of Halo 4.

That is the only exclusive Xbox 360 title I am looking forward to, which I think is a bit of a shame - I want to be excited about titles that are exclusive to Xbox 360.  I am disappointing that I am not excited about any more titles - but at least their are many multi-platform titles that will be released on Microsoft's Platform.


It seems, that Microsoft seem to be venturing away from the hardcore gamer for now - but who knows what will happen in the future?

Comments

Popular Posts