Favourite games of 2013: Honourable Mentions and Notable Omissions

Honourable mentions:

Bubsy 3D

No, not that one, this one.



Bioshock Infinite

I only just started, but so far I am enormously enjoying my time exploring the incredibly detailed architecture and astonishing art direction of the city among the clouds, Columbia.  Alas, I have not played enough of the game to consider it in my 2013 list.


The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

The games media have been absolutely buzzing about this game with many stating that it is the best Zelda game in years.   As it is set in the same map as the highly regarded A Link to the Past, I am not sure whether all the high critical praise has been influenced by nostalgia or not.  I have only experienced a little of the game, but so far it is a joy to play and I cannot wait to return to the land of Hyrule.






The following games did not make the list as have not yet had chance to play, but really want to:

Tomb Raider

I have been hyped for this game for a while, but have not yet been able to commit time to it.  I am a big fan of the original Tomb Raider series and the Uncharted series.  The new Tomb Raider seems to combine the two franchises together, which is huge reason for me to play the game.  (As it has recently been announced, I may wait for the re-mastered version to be released on the PS4).


Super Mario 3D World

Looks like so much fun but … I do not own a Wii-U – at least, not yet.


Wind Waker HD

Played the SD version on GameCube, was my first Zelda game and one of my favourite games I have ever played.  Again, I do not own a WII-U to play the game.  Sad face.



Tearaway

Having seen the glowing multiple reviews for Tearaway, the game looks like a blast, it is a shame that sales have not been especially kind.  I want Tearaway to the first game I experience with my spanking new PlayStation Vita machine.

Grand Theft Auto V

What is there to say?  It’s a Grand Theft Auto game and for some unfathomable reason I have not yet played it – all in good time.


Assassin’s Creed IV

After the ending of Assassin’s Creed III I was no longer interested in the AC series, but then I read a number of surprisingly positive reviews and after hearing people discuss the, seemingly odd, new nature of the series reignited my interest in returning to the series.  I also plan on playing the PS4 version rather than the PS3 version.



Luigi’s Mansion 2 

Always wanted to play the original on GameCube, but never found the time.  Frankly, the mere fact that a sequel to Luigi’s Mansion has been released is a rather curious decision by Nintendo, but I am not complaining.


DMC

Have played the demo, but I have yet to purchase the full game.  It seems to have received positive feedback from critics, although some hardcore Devil May Cry fans cry foul.  My experience with the original Devil May Cry is limited, but I found it to be very enjoyable and I hope I will feel the same way with the reboot.




Comments

Popular Posts