Infamous: Second Son Anticipation

My only previous experience with the Infamous franchise was playing the PlayStation 3 demo for the first game.  I read all the glowing reviews that the game received, so I was super psyched to play the original Infamous.

The thought of playing as a modern day super hero, running around an open sandbox city was a mouth watering prospect, so I eagerly downloaded the demo to sample a taster of the critically praised Infamous.

Disappointingly, I did not enjoy my experience with the demo and did not invest my time into the full version, maybe it was because the demo did not take place at the start of the game, so a lack of an introduction hurt my experience.  It is entirely possible that I could have bought the game and thoroughly enjoyed my time (this has happened to me in the past - Dead Space is a prime example, I did not enjoy the demo at all, but I later picked it up in a sale and oddly enough it became one of my favourite games of the generation).

So, keeping in mind that I did not enjoy my time with Infamous, it feels rather strange that I am frothing at the mouth in anticipation for the PlayStation 4 exclusive.  Maybe after playing with those super human abilities in Saint's Row IV my desire for a Next Gen Super Hero game has been ignited (that and those particle effects).

Well, Infamous: Second Son has been out for a while now,and has received mostly favorable reviews, so it is time for me to dive into the city of Seattle and find out if my experience will be the fun neon-filled particle party I have been hoping for.

Maybe, I will one day play the original games in the franchise, depending on how much I enjoy my time with Second Son.

Comments

Popular Posts