Robocop Rogue City - PS5
Completed 25th July 2026
I have been looking forward to playing Robocop: Rogue City for a long time now - I just was waiting for the right time to buy and play the game.
In anticipation for the game I watched Robocop 2 for the first (I think, it has been many years since I watched the first film) as the game takes place between the 2nd and 3rd film. I did not watch the first film in preparation as I have seen it many times and it is fresh enough in my memory, but I do not think I have ever watched Robocop 2 from start to finish.
I was a little disappointed with the second film - it did not seem to quite match the first film in entertainment, although it did have some very good moments. I did not like what they did with the villain in the second film as he seemed a promising character that could have used more screen time.
Then out of curiosity I watched Robocop 3 as that is the film that fans seem to universally agree is a major step down in quality from the first two films. I did not think it was that bad, not great, but not terrible either. After finally watching the three films, to me, Robocop 1 stands tall above the rest of the series.
22nd July
Having played a couple hours of Robocop: Rogue City, I feel somewhat disappointed. The same developer that made Robocop: Rogue City also worked on Terminator Resistance and while that game could be rather janky at times I loved my experience.
Going by my experience with Terminator Resistance, I was highly anticipating playing Robocop - especially as I had heard through word of mouth that it was a very fun game.
Well, when I first started to play the new Robocop game I found myself enjoying the first mission. But the problem was after a while each mission started to feel very samey to me and became rather dull.
Now, I am not a huge first person shooter fan, but I do enjoy the odd one every now and again. I just felt that during each mission that you were really just shooting and not doing much else and as a result the repetitive nature of the gameplay detached me from the immersion.
Comparatively, in Terminator Resistance, there seemed to be more variety in the gameplay - you had more options and it just felt more rewarding battling different Terminator models in the future, rather than fighting the same old gang members that appear in the world of Robocop.
In Robocop: Rogue City there are some small side missions which give the opportunity for something different like searching for clues during investigations, but I just found them and the interactions with the NPCs to be rather dull and it felt like I was just wasting my time.
23rd July
Although, having played a little more of the game I am starting to enjoy it more than before - in my latest playthrough there has been more variation in the enemy types and I have just finished an intense battle with ED 209.
Even though the side missions are not that great they seem short enough - I think I should concentrate on side missions a little more, which will allow me to upgrade Robocop's stats.
24th July
I have played my third session of the game and this day has definitely been the most fun I have had. The story has become more interesting and I feel more compelled to playthrough the game and see what will happen next in the story. I have started to feel like this game is more enjoyable that watching Robocop 2.
The last mission I played on this day felt like a final boss fight and even the cutscene afterwards felt like an ending to the game, but I knew that there would be more missions to play.
I thought that maybe I was nearing the end of the game, so out of curiosity, I researched how many chapters were in the game - turns out I had completed only chapter 16 out of 31! I am, at this point only half way through the game!
25th July
My forth and final play session - I completed the game on the 25th July 2026 and was surprised that only a day ago it seemed like I was at the half way point of the main mission list. Some missions are longer than others, but none of them seem too short.
Overall, I loved my time with Robocop: Rogue City. That penultimate mission was incredible and took me back to the fun I had while playing the final mission in the developer's other game Terminator: Resistance. They certainly know when to play the original Robocop music theme!
To think, that in my earlier playthrough I was finding parts a little dull, but it ended up as an incredible experience and one of the best games that I have played in the year of 2026!
Rogue City feels like the best Robocop experience since the first film, for me, if I had to rank the films along with the game it would be:
- Robocop
- Robocop: Rogue City
- Robocop 2
- Robocop 3
Next up on my to play list is Robocop: Rogue City - Unfinished Business and it is an expansion to Rogue City, which was released as a standalone adventure and not as DLC for the Rogue City.


