Robocop Rogue City: Unfinished Business - PS5
Completed 31st July 2026
Robocop Rogue City: Unfinished Business is a semi - sequel or an expansion to Rogue City rather than a full blown sequel. It is sold as a standalone experience and you do not have to have Rogue City to play Unfinished Business.
I would not be surprised if Unfinished Business started as a DLC for Rogue City and expanded into a bigger title, similar to the expansion for Uncharted 4.
26th July 2026
I played my first session of Unfinished Business today and, yes, it plays very much like Rogue City. It seems that this game may be set entirely in one location, a tower you have to keep climbing up floor by floor.
There does not seem to be the same type of exploration as in Rogue City as this time you are not in the small city hub area, but side missions do still seem to exist in Unfinished Business.
So far the story does not seem to be as good as Rogue City, as that felt like a sequel to RoboCop 2. Unfinished Business feels like an extended mission that could have taken place during the events in Rogue City, but Unfinished Business still feels fun.
At this moment I am on mission 3 out of 11.
27th July 2026
At this point I reached a small hub area that had some short side missions and combat areas. The story at this point picked up as well, but still, it is not as good as Rogue City as it lacks the variety of areas and interesting characters of the main Robocop Rogue City game.
My playthrough also involved a playable flashback section involving Murphy, this area was okay but rather short - I think this flashback could have been a cutscene and the same results for the story would still be achieved.
At this point I am just about to start mission 6 out of 11.
28th July 2026
On this day I started mission 6 and, again, it was another flashback sequence. In the second flashback sequence you play as a different character from the first flashback and while it starts off interestingly enough it quickly becomes rather dull - this is definitely the worst part of the game for me so far.
The second flashback is not necessarily bad story wise, but it easily could have just been a cutscene and would have provided story information - there is even a part where you slowly walk with another character who provides audio, but your character is on auto-walk where movement is taken away from you.
Then mission 7 started with a bang and you are right back in the middle of the fun again. There is a little bit of a hub area here which involves some mystery solving through detective work as Robocop - well he is a cop after all!
29th July 2026
I continued with mission 7 and played and completed mission 8. Mission 8 was another flashback and, as with the other flashback scenes, was quite short, but I found this section to be one of the more interesting sections that took place back in the past.
I stopped at the start of mission 9 and it looked to be a promising section.
30th July 2026
The start of mission 9 begins similar to the flashback missions in the sense that you play as a different character that is not Robocop, well, kind of - to say would be too much of a spoiler.
31st July 2026
I completed the game on this day and overall I really enjoyed my time. It was not quite as good as Rogue City, but I was surprised that I liked it nearly as much.
Unfinished Business took me 12 hours to complete while Rogue City took me 19 hours, so it was quite substantial, for what is essentially, a new story expansion for Rogue City.
Unfinished Business can be played without any knowledge of Rogue City, but I would recommend Rogue City be played first and if you want more Robocop then Unfinished Business is the dessert to the main course that is Robocop: Rogue City.
