Latest Playthrough 2026 - Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - Switch 2

Completed 22nd September 2026

Now, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle is an interesting tale to me even without having played the game. The game is available on another console I own (the PlayStation 5), but I decided to purchase the title on the Nintendo Switch 2.

Even though for third party games I prefer to play them on a PlayStation console over Nintendo, Xbox or PC, the PS5 version only has around 25 Gigabytes on the disc and requires an internet connection to download over 100 Gigabytes, thus making the disc rather useless for future proofing.

Strangely enough, the only version that has the full game on the physical product is the Nintendo Switch 2 version. I was thinking about buying the DRM free version on the PC via GOG, but the minimum requirements are too high for my 1660 graphics card. So to play it on the PC I would need a new CPU, more memory and a new graphics card - so I went for the cheaper option and decided to buy a Switch 2 and the game.

Also the PS5 version looks like it had a limited amount of physical copies made and right now it seems to be sold out at stores and the only way you can buy it is on sites like eBay and CEX. I have seen used copies of the PS5 version be bought for between £50 and £70 - I have also seen unopened copies on eBay listed for £125 and even a graded version listed for over £1,000! I find it quite bizarre that the game is listed on the second hand market for such high prices, considering that most of the game is not even included on the disc.

Funnily enough, Nintendo announced that the console would see its second price increase by the 1st September 2026. It is such a strange time with all these price hikes - I bought the PlayStation 5 just before the first price hike and since then the PS5 has seen at least 2 price hikes.

I have played a little of Indiana Jones and the Great Circle previously, via Luna streaming, when I had a trial of Amazon Prime because I wanted to sample the game - the streaming worked surprisingly well, but then I attempted the game a second time on a later date and I could not launch it at all.

The title screen will show your progress and jump straight into the game when you are ready to continue, which is a neat little extra


Due to PlayStation's announcement of the end of physical games after 2028 I am not looking forward to the PlayStation 6, unless they change their mind of course. If PlayStation do not reverse their decision, then the Switch 2 may become my main console after 2028. I think I may look into a new PC as well and buy games primarily on the DRM free GOG platform on the PC. I may move to the Xbox if they provide games fully on the disc.

7th and 8th September 2026

I started and played a little of the title on the 7th of September just to reacquaint myself with the game, but it was not until the next day that I really sunk my teeth into the title.

On the 8th I managed to pass the part of the game that I had reached when I played on Luna. I was enjoying Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, but it was not until passing what I had previously sampled where things really started to click with me.

The game is not the typical adventure platformer that you would expect from an Indiana Jones experience. Yes there is platforming and puzzle solving, but it really does feel like an immersive sim type of game with platforming and puzzle solving elements. Not to mention, it plays in first person mode, but when you climb or swing with Indiana's whip the game changes to third person. When I first saw the previews for the game I was put off by the first person and third person, but when playing the game it felt natural.

I find myself just gazing at the artwork in the game

When I briefly sampled the game via streaming on Amazon Luna I had not much experience in the Immersive Sim genre, but since then I have played games in the genre such as, System Shock Remake and Prey (2017) and I have absolutely loved them. So playing Indiana Jones and the Great Circle after playing some games in the Immersive Sim genre has made me appreciate the Indiana Jones game even more.

As of the 8th September 2026 I found Indiana Jones to be immensely enjoyable and I am surprised just how much fun I have been having - it really feels like a lost Indiana Jones movie that the player gets to experience and I do not mean that they game is a bunch of interactive cutscenes. I really do feel like I am Indiana Jones discovering ancient temples and solving interesting riddles.

At this point I have been having a lot of fun with the experience and I hope this continues further on into the adventure.


I enjoy just searching and looking at the beautiful decoration in the College you see in the films


September 16th 2026

I have finished the story and all the side missions in the Vatican except for collecting all of the relics and artefacts, but I hope to return to the section at a later time to complete the hunting for the rest of the relics and the artefacts.

Also, at time of writing I have also finished the Egyptian section in Giza. It was fun exploring tombs near the pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Both the Vatican and Egyptian areas have mysteries that I had tremendous fun solving - these sections involved myself trying to solve the riddles using a pen and notepad outside of the game.


I solved every mystery, completed the side missions, found all the relics and almost found every artefact on my first visit to Egypt. One artefact still eludes me, but I frustratingly know roughly where it is, but I just cannot determine a way to find it, so for now, I have moved on to the next story area.

One of my interests outside of gaming is ancient cultures and the Roman and ancient Egyptian ages are two of my favourite time periods, so it has been great fun exploring the Tombs and secrets that can be found hidden away in the Vatican and beneath the Tombs of Egypt. 

The next two sections after Egypt were not hub areas like the Italian and Egyptian areas, but more straightforward similar to the earlier levels of the game. I was surprised that the sections were not hub areas, but they were still fun parts to play.

I looked up how many chapters/areas there are in the game and according to the list I have reached the second last area. I wonder if any of these areas will return to the hub format of Italy and Egypt or will they continue to be more straightforward sections like the most recent areas that I have played - I hope to find out the next time I continue Indiana's adventure.

September 17th 2026

Today, I started the next chapter and I am happy to say that the game has returned to the hub format, but this time you drive a small boat around instead of travelling by foot to get to each area.

Rather than start the first story mission I excitedly ventured out to explore the map and found an enemy compound to sneak around and I attempted to uncover some mysteries. After I felt satisfied with exploring the compound I decided to travel to the first story point of the chapter, which opened a side mission. 

The main mission required that I raised a certain amount of money before I could continue and the side mission that opened up suggested that this would be the best way to quickly raise the required funds. The side mission involved travelling to the enemy compound that I had previously explored and when I arrived there I encountered a glitch that could have ended my time with the game.

When I re-arrived at the compound all the enemies had vanished, and I thought at the time that this was just normal for the side mission. So, I travelled to the safe that the side mission wanted me to open and I found 1 of 2 notes that would help me find the code for the safe. Something seemed strange to me that I was missing a clue in the room, so I decided to look up a guide for hints.

I am glad that I looked up a guide at this point as it turns out that the enemies should have been in the building and the guard in the room with the safe had the combination on him. I tried reloading my save to see if the guards loaded back in, but they did not so if it had not been for that guide I would not have been able to open the safe. Maybe later I will try to enter the area again to see if the enemies load back in at some point and be able to grab the note as that will be missing from the notes list, even though I was able to pass the area by finding the code through a guide out-with the game.

September 21st 2026

On this day I finally reached the final area and defeated the boss to finish the story. Initially, the final boss fight was quite frustrating as I had hardly any health left and I was not able to heal myself during the section - luckily I was able to rollback my save to an earlier point and retry the final act with full health - which made the final fight less frustrating.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the voice actor behind Indiana Jones - Troy Baker. His voice acting was very convincing that it felt like Harrison Ford himself was lending his voice to the game. I have enjoyed Troy Baker's performances before, but when he was announced as the voice actor behind Indiana Jones I had my doubts. I thought the voice actor who had been in previous games as the voice of Indiana Jones was good, so I was questioning when he was not in the game.

Overall, I was highly impressed with the game, and, it is not only one of the best games I have played this year, but it feels like one of the best games I have ever played. In a way, I am a little sad to have finished the game - the world was just that good.

I have played and enjoyed a few Indiana Jones games in the past, and while I have enjoyed them, they always felt like good games, but not great games. The Emperor's Tomb on the PS2 is probably the best Indiana Jones game I have played before starting The Great Circle.  I can say that Indiana Jones and The Great Circle is without a doubt the greatest Indiana Jones game I have ever played.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle impressed me so much I now want to revisit some of the Indiana Jones films, namely, Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.

Score 9.5/10