Latest Playthrough 2026: The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe - PlayStation 5 

Completed 9th October

A few months ago I finally bought The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe after many years of planning to do so and ever since it has sat in my backlog patiently waiting for me while other games ahead in the backlog queue were played.

I actually played the original Stanley Parable around the time it was first released. I remember buying the physical PC version from a company that no longer exists called Indiebox. Now, I have the PlayStation 5 version to sit beside the PC version.

I loved the first Stanley Parable game and it is one of the very few games that has made my laugh out loud. I wanted to buy The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe because it is described as not exactly the same game as the original. The Ultra Deluxe on the Steam page is described as an expanded reimaging of the original game, so in other words it sounds like a directors cut. More Stanley Parable is an absolute must for me so I decided to buy the PS5 version and discover what the game had in store for me.

Update

After 7 hours of playtime I think I am finished with the Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. I say think as the game does not really end in the traditional manner of reaching the end credits (although you can find a way trigger the end credits). You can technically complete the game in under 10 minutes, but the whole point of the game is discovering different endings by playing different ways in the short, fun and quirky adventure. I mean even the back of the game box states this: "The game will end, the game will never end."

You play as Stanley who is an office worker that likes to press buttons - to say anything else would spoil too much of the game. Just understand that this is a quirky, humorous game commenting on choices in videogames.

The new content that has been added to the game is more substantial than I thought it would be and I was very pleasantly surprised by it. The new content does really feel like a sequel to the original version (that is a joke to those that have played the deluxe version). 

Who knew that a simple bucket could add so much fun to the game? That is actually NOT a joke, by the way!

Score 8/10